Friday, April 4, 2014

"Would Not Have Missed This Stunt For A Fortune" C Anderson

France 8/8/18

Dear Coll 

Just a line to let you know that we are all going strong, I have not seen Will yet I will see him in a few days.Rueben is in Blighty doing well, Tom will be back in a week or two. I have not seen many Rushworth boys lately.

Well Coll we are giving Fritzy some hurry up.  I do not think he will last great deal longer now.  I think I will be back in time to draw the old age pension. well it is not a bad war after all,we have plenty of fun if it is only hunting these beastly Boche.  I don’t know what we will do when we get back to Ausie I think we will have to go up to queensland and hunt up some blacks I don’t think.  We have had a good deal wet weather lately it makes things very murky.  I am going on leave shortly I entend to go to Scotland it will be a treat to miss this life just for a little time the guns make some row you hear all the noise in the world at once and you would think all the iron foundries were getting emptied out at once and when old fritz sends his flares you would think that he had all the lights in the world red blue green white and all sorts of colours it all look well but it would look better on pictures or reading about it Well Coll I will enclose my best wishes to you all From Yours Faithfully Charles 267

(Ed Note:  The following is written sideways on the back of the first page)

I have had this letter wrote before this advance and have been to bussy to Post it we are going strong the best fun I ever had in my life she is some fun galloping into action I would not have missed this stunt for a fortune 11/8/18







No comments:

Post a Comment