Friday, April 4, 2014

"Nerves Get Shattered" T Anderson

Somewhere in France

Aug 5/18

 

Dear Colina Just a few lines in answer to your ever welcome letter 15/5/18 and very pleased to hear that you are all doing well and plenty rain, we are at present getting more than our share. I had a letter from Charlie today and he said they have plenty mud in the trenches up there.I will be back shortly and I do not like the idea of getting into the mud and shells again.  I do not care how soon this comes to a bubble I am in a con camp for a few days before going back I get awful shaky at times I cannot write at all your nerves get shattered at this game and wet muddy trenches without sleep it all helps to rake you down but its all in the game we will soon have him bottled and corked I got a letter from Doll but none from Nellie this mail but I’ll get them all in time I have not seen Son Spence since last writing to you, Don, Bill, Rube & Charlie are well well Colina my old kid I am toShakey to write much today I’ll try again in a day or so, so will now ring off wishing you all the very best of luck from your old friend Tom

Keep the old flag a flying And God Bless you All xx



No comments:

Post a Comment