Friday, March 14, 2014

"Someone Better than I" D.Anderson

France

3.3.18

Dear Colina

A few lines to let you know that we are all well We have had a few days fine weather but it did not last long & we are getting snow again & it is as cold as B-l.s (?) again now I received the chronicles you sent Thanks very much for your kindness I saw your name & Lucys in the list the fancy Dress Ball so I hope you had a good time I saw Les a few days ago & he is tip top he is such a doer so I hope he has a good spin this time in action I did not get a letter from anyone this mail so I thought I would write you an Doll a few lines as I won’t have the chance for a few weeks now as we are not always free to write I have not seen the brothers lately so I wont see them now for some time as we never know were they are most of the time Charlie is with Tom now I had a letter from him and Tom last night I am sending you a letter from Cathie Spence so I am going to send it to you so you can see its true about Son.  I jut wrote to her for a joke as I did not think it was true Les said she is a very nice girl I may go & have a look at them when I go on leave again Les said he had a grand time with them.  I will be going on leave in about twelve weeks time  As I am going to Paris any day now when I get the chance.  We get leave to Blightyevery six months now so it is something to look to look forward to Well Colina I am going to ask you are you in the same mind yet as when you wrote to me when you went home from Melbourne have you got any one else yet.  I have heard that you have so I would like you to let me know if I am still in the bad books with you as I am full up of being alone now.  You can guess the rest.  So I would like to hear from you first but I know my answer from you befor I get it but it will be the last time I will have to ask you.  So I hope you wont be offended with me.  But it’s a bit hard to read your letters as a frend but I suppose its all in the lifetime and I only had myself to blame as I should of seen long befor that you wanted someone better than I.  But I will always think the same of you as befor no matter who ever you have I have sent you all a card each so I hope you get them.  I wrote to you an Lucy last weekso excuse this scribble as its Sunday today & I have been going all day & I am dead tired

 So the best of luck to you & best wishes from Don


(Ed note: Donald and Colina married after the war, and are my great grandparents)







No comments:

Post a Comment