Saturday, March 22, 2014

"A Rough & Fast Little Affair" C.Anderson

RDear Colina 
Just a line to let you know that I am still in the land of living. Fritz has not snared me yet,  the Boys have been caneing him up lately. I have not give them a hand in any of these stunts since the 17/4/18, I am still in Convalescent,  I had a fairly lively time just before I left. 
it is not near so bad on the Machine gun as in the infantry I had my share of the Inf.  Tom is still going strong he has not been away from the M.G.Coy since they came to France, this is my third time away. I was buried by a shell explosion on the 7th of june 1917 and only had 5 weeks spell and I got a little crack on the 14 Oct 1917 and only had 3 (could be 9) weeks in hospital and I came back in time to give fritz a few bombs in a raid. That was the best bit of sport I had since I came to France a raid is a very rough and fast little affair,  in and do him as much harm as you can and fetch back a fritzy or two, not to many for the undertaker as we can. 
Well Colina they are very little to say I am going out for stroll through the forest with the Padre we have many a joyfull afternoon in these dear old woods,  it really reminds you of the old bush at home. Ha. To be back amongst the golden Wattle Blossom!  them times will soon come again I hope. 
Well Colina I will Close wishing you my best wishes From 
Yours Sincerely Charles




No comments:

Post a Comment