Friday, March 14, 2014

"You Can Guess the Rest" D.Anderson

France

Feb 8 1918

 

Dear Colina

I received your ever welcome letter & was pleased to hear from you I had a letter from Lucy also dated 13.12.17 I am pleased to hear about Chris And I wish him the best of luck & a safe return.  I will look Will up when He returns as the rep (?) that he is in is just at hand so I will find him out.  Les in our div I saw him a few days ago but did not have time to have a talk to him so I hope to see him again in a few days time I have not seen the boys for a few weeks now I had a letter from Charlie last night & he said that Tom is out for a rest & so are we for a few days.  Well its what we call a rest you can guess the rest.  I had such a nice letter from Cathie Spence.  I am sorry now that I did not go an see them but I will go the next time as I will get my next leave in about five months from Now and I will see it in the good old summer time I hope.  I must ask her is it true about heran Son.  She is sure to ask me where I got the news from so I must put the blame on you for the time as I know you will go off but I wont hear you so it wont matter.  I am sending you some silks for a present so I hope you get them.  I could not send you anything for xmas as we were far from the reach of them then so it is better late than never I am sending some to Doll as well I will send some cards and date them last year & don’t you put my pot on.  I think Lucy will have a win this time so they cannot say that he as cold feet And I hope who ever you have you will be able to say the same don’t forget the boys that have gave up all as there will be plenty to return.  Bill Pettard is returning to Australia one of the lads had a letter from him he was a good old sport and he just what you said he was, a hard doer We have not herd any more of Delcassy since.  He was not to bad. WellColina I think that I have told you all for this time I will write you again next week.  Trusting this finds you in the pink

From

Yours Sincerely

Don Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment