Saturday, March 22, 2014

"If I am Spared" L.Spence

France

June 24th 18

Dear Colina

Just a few lines in answer to your welcome letter I received yesterday.

I was glad to hear that you are all in the best of health as it leave me the same at present.  You want to know if it true about Cathie & Alex. Well I had a letter from Cathie the beging (sic) of the month & she said that Alex was going to put in for special leave at the end of the month & they are to be married, that the first she let on to me about it.  I had a letter from Alex also last week & he was telling me about trying for leave but he did not say what for.  He can have them all on his own for me their plenty out their for me when I get back that if I am spared.

Cathie was saying that she expect Charlie Anderon over on leave any time now as they have started it again They stopped it for Two months while the push was on. I bet the girls will be going mad when they hear that Son married.  The last letters I had from Violet she said she did not believe son was engaged so I don’t know what she will say when she hears they are married.  I see Elsie & Mc have done the truck he told me when I left that he'd wait for me to come home before he would get married I suppose I have been too long on my tour that he could not wait any longer.  no one had the slightest idea that it would last this long when I left.  It looks like it will go on for a couple more years yet the way things are going at present they don’t look too bright on it.

I had a letter from Lucy & she was saying that they had grand sports up their on Easter Monday.  She said Lilly Pearson & her sister got first prize in the procession.  I bet Lilly look hard case dressed as an Indian you would have to look twice to see if she was their she's that small.

I have not seen any of the Rus(hworth) boys for over 8 months they were all well just before the push started. Well that all the news at present remember me to all With the best of love 

From Your loving Cousin Les xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment