Friday, March 14, 2014

"Gone From Me Forever" C.Anderson

France 15/3/18

Dear Colina I received your letters and was very please to here from you I also had some from you lately that was dated the time I was wounded I thought I had missed some of your letters Poor old Rueben has got his arm broke in two places I hope he gets to Australia this time he has been a very good soldier as game as you could make him Donal is in Parris on leave.  Will has not come over from Blighty.  I am in the same unit as tom all my mates in the Battalion are gone from me for ever They are only one out of nine of us left two with me.  You mention in your letter that Chris Cameron was returning he is lucky well Colina I have very little news to tell you Tom wishes to be remembered to you address my letters 22nd M.Gunnboy A.I.F Well I must close wishing you all the best of luck remember me Dug and Dad

From Yours

Sincerely Charles G Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment