Friday, March 14, 2014

"Get a Ripple On" D.Anderson

France

Jan 23.1918

 

Dear Colina

I received your welcome letter & was pleased to hear from you.  I saw all the brothers on Sunday last and they are all well.  I was glad to hear of Bills return.  As I gave up looking for him over hear.  I was very sorry to hear about Ben Jones Jim McLeod went to see is brother Don so you can tell what a shock he got as we thought that he was all right.  Les is on is way back home Charlie had a letter from Cathie Spence to say that he had gone back to France.  Jack Peel is over hear.  Delcassy & Bill Pettardhave gone to London sick.  We may get some mail now Bill Pettard is away as he used to get a bag to himself every time.  I don’t know how he can answer them all.  He is a grand chap we used to have some good times.  Delcassy only got a hit on his arm.  He seemed fine and it gave him a few days spell they will be able to have a good time when they are all right again as they are two hard cases.  I wonder is there any truth about Son &Cathies she must be some girl to take his fancy.  I must write to her Charlie is going to go up to see her when he goes on leave we will know then if it is right or not just fancy Bill getting married.  I will soon have to get a ripple on now or I will miss the bus.  Is Mick getting on all right again?  The dancing must be getting too good for him but I hope to hear that he is well again.  I did not send you any xmas cards as they are far from our reach just now.  I will have to send some later.  I wrote to Lucy last week.  Well Colina I cannot think of any more to write so I will have to draw these few lines to a close trusting they find you in the best of health as it leaves me the same.

With kind regards & Best wishes, I remain yours sincerely,

Don Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment