Sunday, March 9, 2014

"If he hits you he might hurt you" C.Anderson

Charles and Ruben Anderson


19/5/17

 

Somewhere in France

 

Dear Colina just a line Wishing this will find you as well as it leave me at present

It is fairly hot over here now but not to (sic) bad  I sopose you find everything quite over there now it is not so quite  here I can tell you

I have had a good time so far but that is finished for a wile we will go on boxing fritz for some time to come I think he (h)as took on too big of a job this time I don’t mind it as long as he don’t throw to many of his iron foundrys  at me if he hits you he might hurt you

I seen Jack Colley at Salisbury before I left he is in the 37 batt I don’t think he will come over here he is not to  strong you want all of your strength here

I seen Jim McLeod Les Burns Ory Woodgate the boys told me Les Spence was wounded but not badly the 37 is in the same Div as me I might get a chance to see him.  I am sending you a little keepsake I hope you will like it I will send you somethink (sic) else soon as I get leave you cannot get much affaf (?) the way side sellers I sent doll some to  I hope they get over all right Rueben is with me now I have not seen tom for a wile (sic) now I have wrote as often as I could and will do so you cannot find much news so you will have put up with a short note this time well I have been in a lot of places now but nothing like Australia a person only wakes up when he travels about these places but you can all way (sic) have a good time well I am at any rate.  Well Collina I have not much news remember me to all so goodbye hope to see you all again keep the home fires burning till  we come home


From yours faithfully, your friend 

Charles Anderson 2671


(Ed note: spelling, punctuation, grammar and eccentricities are authors own)





No comments:

Post a Comment