Monday, March 10, 2014

"The French People" C.Anderson

France. 13/9/17

Dear Colina just a line wishing this to find you well as it leaves me at present I sopose every thing is very quite in Rushworth now.  We will very soon have the winter again we have had lovely weather lately it is all right here in the summer but it is no bon (?) in the winter the snow gets on my nerves it will be bad in the trenches oh well we can put up with it all right.  I don’t think Fritz will hold out much longer I hope he don’t I would sooner be back in good old Australia then here.  Rueben is back with me now.  I had a letter from Tom and Don last night they are both well.  I hope you all get my letters as I wright as often as I can.  I sent you a photo it was not a good one by any means I got some more taken yesterday I will send you one of them if they are all right.  The French People are just finishing there Harvest they never had a bad harvest they mostly do there  harvesting by hand they area long way behind the times well Colina news is scarce over here.  We are having a good time at present Les Spence is not back with this Batt yet.  I have met a lot of the old boys over here.  They are mostly well.  I will ring off this time

From Yours

Truly 

Charles

Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment