Monday, March 10, 2014

"Bill the Swank" D.Anderson

France Dec.26.1917

Dear Colina,

Just a few lines to let you know that I am quiet well So I hope these few lines will find you all in the best of health we are having plenty of snow hear at present as we are just about in mid winter hear now so we must expect  some bad weather now.  I wrote to you last week so if you don’t get it you may have the chance to get this one.  I have just wrote to Lucy & Doll I told you that I sent you some p.c. (ed note:  this may refer to pin cushions, as Nan used to have some old tartan pin cushions in the shape of bag pipes) & some heather from Scotland.

  I got a parcel from Doll & one from Jess but they came to soon for xmas I received your post card & it was very nice & thanks for your good wishes & I hope they come true I got my photos from Scotland on Monday and they are not much I don’t know what I have done to my old tart Flora as I have wrote letters to her & Mary & I have not got any answers tot hem.  So my luck is right out inRushworth I can see that the world is wide & I will try a new part after the fray but I would like to go back to see Doll but she is like me now older enough to look after herself.  I have not seen the brothers for a good while now but I hope they are all well.

I told yo that I have not seen C. McKenzie since this time last year when he went away wounded so I suppose he will turn up some day but I don’t think that he was to strong.  Lucy must be getting a good hand on the leg pulling now so I suppose you will be the next to start the same game.  Well Lucy will be able to pick one out of the lot.  I suppose we poor broken down soldiers wont get a look in without we find someone to take pity on us over this side its our only hope  I think so I will have to get a ripple on or I will be like old Bill Blake & that wont do will it just fancy him not having a dance with you he must be some swank now I would like to have him over hear it would take the pride out of him some of them want to have a trip over hear to know what life is I can just fancy the good times your having at the dances well tell me who the boy is next letter as I have a good idea so then I will see how far I am out so now I must ring off with best wishes 

From Don









No comments:

Post a Comment